Our young people are given the opportunity to take part of in both local and national projects.
Here are some of the projects we are currently involved in:
Young Carers in Schools – this programme is an exciting initiative that aims to make it as easy as possible for schools to support Young Carers and awards good practice.
- We are pleased to be involved in this fantastic initiative – Discover more
Intergenerational Project – young carers are going into local residential care homes to provide friendship and joint activities with the residents.
- Find out more on the project – click here
Think Young Carers – this is a local initiative to spread awareness of young carers. Asking schools, businesses to #ThinkYoungCarer. This project has been kindly funded by Cambridgeshire Community Foundation.
- Find out more on the project and watch our ‘A day in the life of a young carer’ video – click here
14-16 Transition Plans – is a locally funded project allowing us to support young carers between 14 and 16 years to develop goals for what they want to achieve, whether that be progressing to sixth form, apprenticeships, college, etc.
- Download the Transition Project Flyer
Moving On Up – is a staff training and awareness package for colleges, sixth form centres and universities in Cambridgeshire. Young Adult Carers have contributed to the development of this package, thanks to funding from ‘Think Big’.
- Find out more about the project and to book staff training – click here
Hidden: England’s Invisible Young Carers – is a photo exhibition features portraits and stories of 24 young carers from across England, including two young carers that we support in Peterborough.
The portraits were captured by award-winning photographer and former young carer Max Alexander. The exhibition launched in London by Jade Ewen and Dick & Dom in February 2015, and is currently on a tour across England. The exhibition #Hidden2016 has already visited Peterborough and Cambridge.
- Find out where the exhibition is next on the national tour, click here
NHS England – we work in partnership with NHS England on a variety of projects.
- Watch two videos that our young carers and young adult carers have been involved in – watch here