Join us to celebrate carers at Sharing the Caring 2017
We promise you a bellyful of laughs and many heart-warming true stories about the lives of our fabulous carers at this year’s Sharing the Caring celebratory event where winners will be announced for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough’s Pride in Our Carers Awards.
Date: Tuesday 13 June
Time: from 9.45am – 4pm. Feel free to join us for as much of the event as you’d like
Venue: C3 Centre, Coldhams Lane, Cambridge, CB1 3HW
Cost: Free, but booking required
- Sharing the Caring will focus on the carers’ voice, carers’ rights and what to do in an emergency.
- Dementia Campaigner, Tommy Whitelaw, who travelled the world for the Spice Girls, Kylie and U2, will talk about becoming a full-time carer for his mum, Joan, for six years.
- Marketplace stalls will provide a range of valuable information and activities, some interactive, for family carers, including Tai Chi and Mindfulness workshops, and the chance to join the Labrynth Singing for Health group.
- The afternoon rounds off with the eagerly anticipated announcement of the winners for the Pride in Our Carers Awards, honouring those who go the extra mile caring for family and friends, as well as carer friendly employers, voluntary organisations and social care professionals.
- Afternoon refreshments provided by local WI.
To book your place at the event go to https://bookwhen.com/triangleofcare. If you would like to attend any interactive workshops you must book these in advance.
Free transport is available from Peterborough. To book transport from Peterborough, please call our Carer Helpline on 01480 499090 saying you would like to attend the event.
If you would like to find out more about either of the events please call 01480 499090 or email email@example.com
Hope you can join us.
Please help spread the word by downloading the poster and displaying it in your local GP surgery, workplace, community centre, school, etc..
This is a joint event with Cambridgeshire & Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust.